Sunday, April 16, 2017

Why did I decide to study Renewable Natural Resources?




When I was a little girl I used to read the scientific magazines that came with the newspapers, I collected volumes about dinosaurs, Egyptian history, the universe and the animal world, I always liked watching the National Geographic, History Channel and Animal Planet, I still see these Channels along with my dad. When I was in high school I knew that I wanted to study something related to mathematics such as industrial or commercial engineering, a year before I graduated from school, I took a course in Economics and Business at the Summer School of the Universidad de Chile, at that time I realized that business was not my thing. Halfway through my senior year, I still didn't know which career to choose, I was in a difficult situation because I wanted to make a right decision because as we know, colleges are too expensive to make a mistake in choosing a career. In the middle of the year a university fair visited my school, there I found a stand about Forestry Engineering at the Universidad de Chile, where I was given a brochure with the information of the carrer, later, arriving at my house, I researched in Internet more about Forestry Engineering, I wasn't convinced because from my point of view, this engineering had a limited labor field, it was at that moment that I looked at the left side of the website and found a link of the career "Renewable Natural Resources" , I clicked it, I read the information and I realized that it was what I really wanted to study. Later that year, I joined Greenpeace as an activist volunteer, where I reaffirmed my vocation to help planet Earth. At the end of the senior year I did the PSU, I was selected in the career and this is how I am now in the fourth year of the  Renewable Natural Resources at the Universidad de Chile.






No comments:

Post a Comment